Yesterday I completed two decades of life on this Earth.
Contrary to popular opinion, I am not quite 21 yet. But as I have reached the monumental double decades, I would like to make a top 20 list of the best moments of my 20th birthday as brought to you by amazing friends:
20) Pranks from the 1st Floor of Joyner: funny, however extremely juvenile they were
19) 131 birthday wishes from Facebook (??)
18) Professor Croce assuming I knew what I was talking about in Finance
17) Andrew Morgan's birthday wishes without the knowledge of Facebook - impressive
16) My first meeting as CUAB Film Chair going swimmingly - amazing committee
15) Karen Mesoznik, my director, announcing my birthday to the entire Cast & Crew listserv :)
14) Sushi lunch in the "Gryffindor Common Room" with the Grilled Cheese King
13) Dinner @ Maggianos with the HJ Ladies from Freshman year
12) Eating Maple View ice cream at sunset with my dear Ashley Nicole & Liz "#1" Pittman
11) Kristopher Eric's card
10) Call from Grandma Jeannette!
9) Kate Jessup & Ashleigh Greene wanting to take me out for my birthday!
8) Ashley Nicole's cupcakes & brilliant producer gift!
7) Lunch at Ye Olde Waffle Shop with my amazing family
6) Cake with my fun-loving Bible study in Cobb (also Happy Birthday to Emily, thanks to Cara for the cake, and thanks to Mariane for sharing my icing fetish ;)
5) Walking around campus with Rebecca Ashley and talking about Shane Claiborne's The Irresistible Revolution
4) Gentle rain in the afternoon
3) Katie coming to find me and bringing a sweet gift from Sugarland
2) The "you have 7 minutes left of your birthday" adventure with Kris
1) And the unbeatable, cherished always moment - Betsey's thoughtful door decorations/pictures
As my friend Dallas Morgan used to say, "Thank you for these beautiful people I get to do life with!"
Yes, thank You indeed.